Doctor DC Podcast | Issue #70 – “The One Percent” (w/ Simon King)
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-849,single-format-standard,qode-quick-links-1.0,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode_grid_1300,qode_popup_menu_push_text_top,qode-content-sidebar-responsive,qode-theme-ver-11.1,qode-theme-bridge,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.1.1,vc_responsive

Issue #70 – “The One Percent” (w/ Simon King)

Issue #70 – “The One Percent” (w/ Simon King)

In this week’s issue we are very excited to be joined by comedian and podcaster Simon King! We talk all about the 1% of the DC Universe – the wealthiest entrepreneurs, socialites, and politicians.

But first we talk about the latest in DC news that fit to print!

Sponsored by Great Lakes Grooming Co. 

Intro Music by Aaron Barry

To ask questions for the next episode, or to continue the conversation online visit us here:

On Twitter

On Facebook

On Instagram

On our Website

Or check out our new store for merch


SHOW NOTES (courtesy of Josh Gill)


The One Percent

(25:18) Why doesn’t Bruce Wayne throw his money in to Gotham to make the city better?  What about Green Arrow?

(38:19) Glorious Godfrey in the Legends event and his use of weaponized propaganda.

(43:55) What is the best thing Bruce Wayne has done for Gotham with his money?

(52:26) Which male and female DC character would you choose to be President of the United States?

(1:00:40) What examples are there of the 1% not using wealth to be hero/antihero but simply fund the hero?

(1:12:15) Let’s give the 1% another opportunity not available to the other 99%!

(1:39:47) Where does Ozymandias rank in terms of wealth?  Why is it that 2 of 3 wealthiest individuals villains?

(1:45:33) Examples of stories where metahuman rulers of nations use diplomatic immunity/international law to get away with crimes.

(1:53:13) How or why does Superman choose to take control of the Soviet Union in Red Son?

(1:56:11) Top 5 richest people in DC.


Dial Doc

(2:01:37) The Arbitross

(2:02:39) The Humdinger

(2:03:48) Professor Correct


Simon King

Characters, Places, Things

Recommended Reading & Viewing




Check out this episode!

No Comments

Post A Comment

Send us your questions!

Twitter feed

The Doctor DC Podcast does Doctober!!!
@DoctorDCOct 16
I’m still wildly pumped for this movie. Cannot wait until we get to really see the JSA characters in action.…
The Doctor DC Podcast does Doctober!!!
@DoctorDCOct 16
@lanterncast Haha yeah well I think they’ve played a role in me not wanting to overly invest in anything either lol.
The Doctor DC Podcast does Doctober!!!
@DoctorDCOct 16
@lanterncast Ultimately, I should have just kept my mouth shut and let people get angry. I’ll get lit up for this I…